Pudsey joins West Ham rugby players for Children in Need video
- Credit: East London RFC
Meet West Ham rugby team East London Vixens’ newest recruit - Pudsey the bear.
The mascot for the BBC's annual Children in Need appeal joined the ladies rugby team, to film a 30-second trailer for this year's appeal which takes place across the BBC network on Friday, November 15.
Scenes for the promotional clip were filmed in the dressing room at the at the Memorial Ground clubhouse and then Pudsey joined the Vixens for a game on the pitch.
"It is Children in Need after all so it couldn't be a normal game," said Vixens player Kat Salthouse.
"We swapped the ball for a giant watermelon which was great fun. We've shown just one madcap way of raising money and now we hope that everyone else will do the same.
You may also want to watch:
"The Children in Need appeal is a fantastic cause to get behind. We were honoured to take part and hopefully we have encouraged others to come together to do their bit."
For more information and to support Children in Need, visit bbcchildreninneed.co.uk
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money