East London teachers urged to become career coaches
Teachers can help plug a “massive gap” in careers advice at schools by signing up for a coaching diploma at the University of East London.
With much of the onus now on secondary schools to deliver careers advice and guidance to students, the diploma offers teachers a wide range of practical and theoretical skills. As a result, the teaching profession can use these skills to help young people who are seeking credible and professional careers advice at such a critical time of their lives.
The university’s Postgraduate Diploma in Career Coaching, which is the first one of its kind in Europe, is perfectly suited for full-time teachers, who can opt to either study at home through distance learning or in person at UEL’s Stratford Campus. A major part of the course focuses on how young people make decisions, and what kind of factors help influence a happy work environment.
Julia Yates, Programme Leader for the Postgraduate Diploma in Career Coaching, said: “This diploma could be just the ticket for school teachers. They will gain exceptional coaching skills from this course, and it will enable them to help young people identify the right educational or career choice.”
Clare Murdock, who is a secondary school teacher and student on the course, said: “The course is really well taught and great value for money. I think that career coaching is extremely valuable within a school setting, and it is great that we will now be able to provide this resource in-house.”
You may also want to watch:
The course requires attendance from students one day a month and is supplemented by online resources. The Postgraduate Diploma programme can be complete by part-time study over two years. The certificate can also be completed part time over one year. Modules are available full time, part time and there is access to web-based learning
For more details contact Julia Yates on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation