East London street dance crew to appear on Sky 1
- Credit: Archant
Street dance crew IMD Legion could be one step closer to stardom when they appear on Sky 1’s Got to Dance on Sunday.
The talented 23-strong group have auditioned for the talent show for the second year running and will be hoping to go all the way after being eliminated in the semi-finals last year.
Lead by Rokeby School teacher Omar Ansah-Awuah, who founded the group, and later joined by Warren Gordon-Scott, the dancers are all aged between nine and 18 years old.
The dream for team IMD is to win the show and they would like to use the £250,000 prize fund to invest in a studio and secure their future.
The group have previously appeared on shows including CBBC Friday Download and Ashley Banjo’s Secret Street Crew.
You may also want to watch:
*Watch Got to Dance on Sky 1 st 8pm on August 24 to find out how IMD Legion get on.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards