East London street dance crew to appear on Sky 1
- Credit: Archant
Street dance crew IMD Legion could be one step closer to stardom when they appear on Sky 1’s Got to Dance on Sunday.
The talented 23-strong group have auditioned for the talent show for the second year running and will be hoping to go all the way after being eliminated in the semi-finals last year.
Lead by Rokeby School teacher Omar Ansah-Awuah, who founded the group, and later joined by Warren Gordon-Scott, the dancers are all aged between nine and 18 years old.
The dream for team IMD is to win the show and they would like to use the £250,000 prize fund to invest in a studio and secure their future.
The group have previously appeared on shows including CBBC Friday Download and Ashley Banjo’s Secret Street Crew.
You may also want to watch:
*Watch Got to Dance on Sky 1 st 8pm on August 24 to find out how IMD Legion get on.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 8 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR