East Ham Town Hall hosts Russian Olympic athletes
Newham Town Hall in East Ham turned Russian during a visit by the country’s Olympians.
They were joined by around 200 youth club members during the event, organised by the Znaniye Russian School in Stratford.
Russian athletes talked about the dedication and discipline needed to reach the top, and what it meant to compete internationally.
A group of young Russians, flown over to promote the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, sang and danced for the guests.
A Znaniye spokesman said: “They were matched for vigour and prowess by young Russian-trained gymnasts from the London Sport Academy.
You may also want to watch:
“There was also excellent Russian singing from the adult Russian Souvenir Ensemble and the youth Sunshine Choir, both from the Globus Educational and Cultural Centre in Stratford.”
The activities were supported by Newham Council’s Let Get The Party Started programme. Cllr Lakmini Shah hosted the guests on behalf of the council. They included East Ham MP Stephen Timms.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total