East Ham supermarket branch to support charity
Staff at East Ham’s Sainsbury’s store will be supporting the Swan Foudnation as part of their charity scheme.
Workers and shoppers at the store in Myrtle Road have chosen to support the Swan Foundation which will receive a year’s worth of fundraising and awareness support.
The Foundation will be the new Local Charity partner for the East Ham branch. The Foundation is a charity established in 2009 by The Swan Housing Association to help people maximise employability and employment among local people and to encourage community participation.
The store is hoping to raise funds to provide residential activity and respite breaks (during school holidays and weekends) for children aged 7-11 from Newham, some of whom have faced some challenging traumas in their young lives.
The Local Charity scheme, which began in 2009, has raised more than £5 million to support local communities in the last four years. The East Ham store has had great success in supporting previous local charities.
You may also want to watch:
Sainsbury’s Dave Gaffney Store Manager said: “We’ve had a great response from our customers and we’re delighted to have chosen a charity which many of our customers and colleagues can associate with. We will now be working closely with the charity to ensure they really benefit from the Local Charity partnership”.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford