East Ham storeworker turns Christmas jumper designer
- Credit: Archant
An eyecatching Christmas jumper designed by a Sainsbury’s employee from East Ham has gone on sale in the supermarket’s stores across the country.
Jinesh Solanki created a tessellating Father Christmas pattern in the style of wrapping paper, inspired by the skills he learnt as a design student when he lived in India.
His jumper is one of eight designs to go on sale after being picked from hundreds of entries in a competition open to Sainsbury’s colleagues.
Jinesh, who works at Sainsbury’s Lombard Street Local, in the City, described his design being chosen to go into producation as “one of the proudest moments” of his life.
“As a designer it’s great when someone appreciates your work,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Jinesh, who has experience in designing jewellery, is now in the running to win a trip to Lapland, with members of the public now able to decide which of the eight shortlisted entries should win a trip to Lapland.
To vote for Jinesh, go the TU Clothing Facebook page and “like” his design.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross