East Ham storeworker turns Christmas jumper designer
- Credit: Archant
An eyecatching Christmas jumper designed by a Sainsbury’s employee from East Ham has gone on sale in the supermarket’s stores across the country.
Jinesh Solanki created a tessellating Father Christmas pattern in the style of wrapping paper, inspired by the skills he learnt as a design student when he lived in India.
His jumper is one of eight designs to go on sale after being picked from hundreds of entries in a competition open to Sainsbury’s colleagues.
Jinesh, who works at Sainsbury’s Lombard Street Local, in the City, described his design being chosen to go into producation as “one of the proudest moments” of his life.
“As a designer it’s great when someone appreciates your work,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Jinesh, who has experience in designing jewellery, is now in the running to win a trip to Lapland, with members of the public now able to decide which of the eight shortlisted entries should win a trip to Lapland.
To vote for Jinesh, go the TU Clothing Facebook page and “like” his design.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines