East Ham store manager raises £38,000 for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a department store has won an award for helping to raise more than £38,000 in a year for a cancer charity.
Carole Rosier, Regional Manager of Wilko on High Street North, East Ham, was presented with the Flame of Hope award at a ceremony at Hotel Russell in central London.
She was also named Corporate Community Supporter of the Year for her dedication to holding events in store for Cancer Research UK.
Carole, who has worked for Wilko for 23 years, also runs stores in Thamesmead, Dartford, Dagenham, Erith, Penge, East Ham, Swanley, Woolwich and Bromley.
She said: “It’s fantastic to be recognised in this way, but this award is for all the team members in all our region’s stores who have gone above and beyond for Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
“The nine stores have hosted a wide variety of events which have all contributed to our wonderful final total and we’re all looking forward to supporting the charity with another bumper year of fundraising.”
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more