East Ham store manager raises £38,000 for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a department store has won an award for helping to raise more than £38,000 in a year for a cancer charity.
Carole Rosier, Regional Manager of Wilko on High Street North, East Ham, was presented with the Flame of Hope award at a ceremony at Hotel Russell in central London.
She was also named Corporate Community Supporter of the Year for her dedication to holding events in store for Cancer Research UK.
Carole, who has worked for Wilko for 23 years, also runs stores in Thamesmead, Dartford, Dagenham, Erith, Penge, East Ham, Swanley, Woolwich and Bromley.
She said: “It’s fantastic to be recognised in this way, but this award is for all the team members in all our region’s stores who have gone above and beyond for Cancer Research UK.
You may also want to watch:
“The nine stores have hosted a wide variety of events which have all contributed to our wonderful final total and we’re all looking forward to supporting the charity with another bumper year of fundraising.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim