East Ham singer places third in Britain’s Got Talent
Newham pupil James Anderson came third in the final of popular reality show Britain’s Got Talent last week.
James, 12, a member of young boyband New Bounce, proved a hit with the voting public and the band were branded the “new JLS” by judge Simon Cowell.
James’ mother Cyrine, of East Ham, said that he was “happy and very excited” after the result of the live final and he is “taking it all in his stride”.
Proud Cyrine said: “It’s his passion. When a youngster finds what they want to do, you can only be there to support him.
“He has an amazing gift which I believe comes from God.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, James won a Shining Through Award for Creativity and the Arts from Newham Council while performing as a young Michael Jackson in the West End show Thriller Live.
New Bounce are currently rehearsing for the Britain’s Got Talent tour which is due to start on Saturday.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder