East Ham singer places third in Britain’s Got Talent
Newham pupil James Anderson came third in the final of popular reality show Britain’s Got Talent last week.
James, 12, a member of young boyband New Bounce, proved a hit with the voting public and the band were branded the “new JLS” by judge Simon Cowell.
James’ mother Cyrine, of East Ham, said that he was “happy and very excited” after the result of the live final and he is “taking it all in his stride”.
Proud Cyrine said: “It’s his passion. When a youngster finds what they want to do, you can only be there to support him.
“He has an amazing gift which I believe comes from God.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, James won a Shining Through Award for Creativity and the Arts from Newham Council while performing as a young Michael Jackson in the West End show Thriller Live.
New Bounce are currently rehearsing for the Britain’s Got Talent tour which is due to start on Saturday.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 5 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 West Ham defender Coufal frustrated with Everton defeat
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss