East Ham shop owner who sweeps the streets celebrates 20th business anniversary
- Credit: Julianne Marriott
A good-hearted shopkeeper who sweeps the streets near to his premises every morning has celebrated 20 years of being in business.
Pathmanathan Prabhananda, 62, who goes by the nickname Prabha, held a birthday event yesterday attended by MP Stephen Timms and Cllr Julianne Marriott to mark two decades of East London Electronics Ltd in Cauldon Road, East Ham.
The business sells EPOS (Electronic Point Of Sale) systems to many companies in Newham with an ethos of ‘Service with knowledge’.
Prabha’s philosophy is illustrated by his personal commitment to cleaning several nearby roads every morning, something he has done for the last seven years.
He said: “I thought if I can be an example to others, someone else will follow. We need to keep the planet tidy because we are the guests here.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Julianne Marriott added: “If at the end of every road there was a shop with an owner like Prabha, the world would be a better place.”
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham
- 6 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate