East Ham shop owner who sweeps the streets celebrates 20th business anniversary
- Credit: Julianne Marriott
A good-hearted shopkeeper who sweeps the streets near to his premises every morning has celebrated 20 years of being in business.
Pathmanathan Prabhananda, 62, who goes by the nickname Prabha, held a birthday event yesterday attended by MP Stephen Timms and Cllr Julianne Marriott to mark two decades of East London Electronics Ltd in Cauldon Road, East Ham.
The business sells EPOS (Electronic Point Of Sale) systems to many companies in Newham with an ethos of ‘Service with knowledge’.
Prabha’s philosophy is illustrated by his personal commitment to cleaning several nearby roads every morning, something he has done for the last seven years.
He said: “I thought if I can be an example to others, someone else will follow. We need to keep the planet tidy because we are the guests here.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Julianne Marriott added: “If at the end of every road there was a shop with an owner like Prabha, the world would be a better place.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 9 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit
- 10 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys