East Ham schoolgirl designs trendy Tesco bags
An eight-year-old schoolgirl designed these trendy jute bags for her local supermarket in Beckton.
Fella Amri, a pupil at Vicarage Primary School in Vicarage Lane, East Ham, bagged the top prize in an art competition organised by Tesco Gallions Reach.
The Tesco.com team asked local to stretch their creative muscles by designing an eye-catching promotion for their new drive through service, Click & Collect.
The judging panel chose Fella’s picture its colour, impact, sense of fun, and style and Fella picked up her prize from the store in Armada Way with family and friends.
Delighted Fella won �250 for Vicarage Primary School and a �25 gift card for herself and her design will be printed on over 1,000 reusable jute bags to be distributed free at the store over the next few months.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was held to promote Click & Collect where shoppers can order groceries online and arrange to pick them up from a collection point in the car park.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks