East Ham schoolgirl designs trendy Tesco bags
An eight-year-old schoolgirl designed these trendy jute bags for her local supermarket in Beckton.
Fella Amri, a pupil at Vicarage Primary School in Vicarage Lane, East Ham, bagged the top prize in an art competition organised by Tesco Gallions Reach.
The Tesco.com team asked local to stretch their creative muscles by designing an eye-catching promotion for their new drive through service, Click & Collect.
The judging panel chose Fella’s picture its colour, impact, sense of fun, and style and Fella picked up her prize from the store in Armada Way with family and friends.
Delighted Fella won �250 for Vicarage Primary School and a �25 gift card for herself and her design will be printed on over 1,000 reusable jute bags to be distributed free at the store over the next few months.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was held to promote Click & Collect where shoppers can order groceries online and arrange to pick them up from a collection point in the car park.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen