East Ham’s first pop-up restaurant offers fusion food
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up community restaurant held its launch event on Saturday with fusion food from Maurituis and across the world.
The event at The Well in Vicarage Lane on February 15 was East Ham’s first pop-up restaurant, and gave residents a chance to sample a variety of homemade dishes.
The pop-up is a joint venture from Fusion Foods and the lottery-funded Grow together, Be together project run by Bonny Downs Community Association, which promotes a healthy lifestyle.
It aims to encourage people to enjoy home-cooked meals of restaurant quality inspired by recipes from far away parts of the world on a tight budget.
Ola Rug, food growing project coordinator at Grow together, Be together, said: “We are creating new opportunities for people in the area by giving them skills to cook and be part of professional growing business run by experienced local Chef.”
You may also want to watch:
Chef Manzoor of Fusion Foods plans to hold pop-up restaurants regularly, and has over 40 years experience in cooking.
His speciality is in Pothwari Cuisine, from the Pothwar region of Punjab in Pakistan, but he also uses a range of new and innovative flavour combinations from Middle East, Mauritius and the Caribbean.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
The three course menu was £15.00 per head and includes a starter of stuffed mushrooms, beef biryani or a vegetable option and a Rasmal’ai dumplings for dessert.
For more information visit www.bonnydowns.org and www.fusionfoods.org.uk.