East Ham restaurateur ‘Tony’s funeral on August 8
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of a popular restaurant owner found dead at his home will be held on August 8.
Vethanayagam Anthonypillai, 68, who was known as Tony, ran the Udaya restaurant in Katherine Road, East Ham. His body was found by police and paramedics at his home in Burges Road, East Ham on June 13. He died from head and neck injuries.
After his death, family and friends paid tribute to Tony.
His son Christy, 34, said: He was a wonderful father and a very hard worker. We are going to miss him very much.”
East Ham MP Stephen Timms said: “Tony was an exceptionally kind and generous man, with time for everyone and a ready wit.”
You may also want to watch:
Tony’s funeral will start with a church mass at 10am at St Michael’s church in Tilbury Road, East Ham. This will be followed by a service at the City of London Crematorium in Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'