East Ham restaurateur ‘Tony’s funeral on August 8
- Credit: Archant
The funeral of a popular restaurant owner found dead at his home will be held on August 8.
Vethanayagam Anthonypillai, 68, who was known as Tony, ran the Udaya restaurant in Katherine Road, East Ham. His body was found by police and paramedics at his home in Burges Road, East Ham on June 13. He died from head and neck injuries.
After his death, family and friends paid tribute to Tony.
His son Christy, 34, said: He was a wonderful father and a very hard worker. We are going to miss him very much.”
East Ham MP Stephen Timms said: “Tony was an exceptionally kind and generous man, with time for everyone and a ready wit.”
You may also want to watch:
Tony’s funeral will start with a church mass at 10am at St Michael’s church in Tilbury Road, East Ham. This will be followed by a service at the City of London Crematorium in Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow