East Ham Post Office to close for refurbishment
East Ham post office will be closing next month for 12 days while it is refurbished.
The office in Barking Road will have a new look and longer opening hours when it re-opens on October 14.
The refurbishment is part of the Post Office’s plans to modernise its network of branches and extend opening hours.
During this refurbishment the nearest alternative offices are at East Ham Post Office, 125 High Street North, and the High Street South Post Office, 144 High Street South, both in East Ham.
Will Russell, Post Office Regional Network Manager - South, said: “We understand how important having a Post Office is to residents in this area of East Ham and we are confident that the new branch will meet the needs of the local community and secure services for the future.
“The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the Post Office network to new-style branches. This investment, the largest in the history of the Post Office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
Customers will benefit from opening hours being extended by 10.5 hours a week as selected Post Office products and services will available during shop opening hours, which will be Monday to Saturday from 9am until 6.30pm. The extra hours include Saturday afternoon and the branch will close an hour later every day.
- 1 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 3 Start date revealed for next Bishop of Barking after consecration
- 4 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 5 Newport's Norman sends Leyton Orient to late defeat
- 6 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 7 Get involved in London's first Great Mental Health Day
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Send us your stories and pictures with the Queen
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
Barking Road Post Office, which will close on Otcober 2, will also gain the car tax renewal service when it re-opens.