East Ham murder: Mother was stranged
A woman who was found dead at her East Ham home was a mother-of-two, it has been revealed.
A mother of two who was found dead at her East Ham home was strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after the woman was found dead at the house in Kempton Road.
Officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted at the address in Kempton Road.
They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Commission set up to explore future of special needs provision in Newham
- 8 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
A 45-year-old man was been arrested and is in custody at an east London police station.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.