East Ham MP visits workplace hub
- Credit: Archant
East Ham MP Stephen Timms visited a workplace hub in Beckton to hear from residents who have used it to find work.
Funded by Newham Council, the East Thames’ Workplace Hub works with local businesses to find suitable job opportunities, and offers a one stop employment service supporting local residents with job searches, CV advice and training courses.
Since it was launched in 2010, the Hub has supported more than 700 people and has found work for 360 local residents.
Stephen met with a number of the Hub’s customers during his visit and spent time talking to them about their experiences of looking for work.
He said: “I’ve met with people today who have really benefited from the service provided by the Hub. Many of these people have been struggling to find work for some time but with the right support have been able to move into employment, something which has a big impact on their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Timms met Cynthia Martin, a former Hub customer who has recently been offered a full time role with East Thames as an administrative assistant. Cynthia said: “I have had so much help from East Thames and the Workplace Hub. They have helped me with my CV, my personal statement, interview techniques and they have really helped rebuild my confidence.
“I was so happy to be offered the job as admin assistant for the Hub, I’m still pinching myself.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
If you are looking for work, you can either drop in to the Hub at Winsor Park Community Centre, 20 Warwall Street, Beckton, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm or make an appointment with one of the advisers by calling 020 7511 5946.