East Ham MP to cycle 160 miles for children’s hospice
- Credit: Archant
East Ham MP Stephen Timms will be joining the London City Airport boss on a 160-mile bike ride to raise cash for a children’s hospice.
They will be joined by 40 members of staff from the airport. Each of them has raised funds through friends and family, while generous donations have also been received from corporate partners, including Aelia Duty Free and British Airways.
The money raised will go to Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton, which provides care for children and young people suffering from life-limiting illnesses.
Declan Collier, Chief Executive of London City Airport said: “This challenge is going to be physically very tough and I’m extremely proud that so many of our employees have chosen to take part and really push themselves.
“Richard House is a cause close to the heart of the airport and we are determined to battle our blisters and burning muscles to reach our destination and raise as much money as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Viv Talbot, Community Fundraising Manager at Richard House said: “The ride will bring much needed funds to the hospice and shows wonderful commitment to supporting an excellent cause”
The journey will begin at Richard House on Friday (July 12) at 10.15am. The route heads through Essex, due to arrive in Harwich at 8.00pm where the group will board an overnight ferry to Hook of Holland. On Saturday they will set off again at 8.00am and continue through Amsterdam to the Gassan Diamonds store in the city centre, where they are due to cross the finish line at 6.00pm.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 10 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
To donate visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/LCYBikechallenge