East Ham MP Stephen Timms encourages gadget lovers to party
- Credit: Archant
At the beginning of September the world’s biggest electronic entertainment event is coming to the O2. It is called Campus Party and promises to be a unique event.
Campus Party, from September 2-6, is sponsored by Telefonica, the parent company of O2.
Thousands of developers, hackers, gamers and general technophiles will be camping on site at the O2 arena in Greenwich immersed in more than 500 hours of talks, debates, workshops and competitions.
The vision for the event is to build a network of the brightest young minds in technology and science under the idea that “the internet is not a network of computers; it’s a network of people”.
There will be speakers and plenty of workshops but the organisers’ real hope is for those in attendance – who they call Campuseros – to meet, network and learn from each other. And, who knows, maybe spark the next big technological invention in the process?
You may also want to watch:
But who can become a Campusero and join in? Well, if you’re over 16, you could.
The organisers say it will be interesting for “developers, gamers, amateur astronomers, geeks, employees in an IT team, entrepreneurs, gadget experts, people interested in digital trends, film-makers, people trying to solve a problem with technology, or looking for digital employment opportunities”.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
If you are any of these, consider joining other like-minded people and book for the event.
Last year more than 10,000 people attended the event in Germany. You can find out more at www.campus-party.eu/2013/about-cp.html.
I have ten free tickets to give away on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you would like one, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject ‘Campus Party Ticket’. Perhaps the next Steve Jobs will be from Newham!