East Ham MP leads cyclists on charity ride to Amsterdam
- Credit: Archant
East Ham MP Stephen Timms set off on a 160-mile charity ride to Amsterdam joined by the London City Airport boss and 40 of his staff.
Each of them has already raised funds through friends and family, while generous donations have also been received from corporate partners, including Aelia Duty Free and British Airways.
The money raised will go to Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton, which provides care for children and young people suffering from life-limiting illnesses.
Declan Collier, Chief Executive of London City Airport said: “This challenge is going to be physically very tough and I’m extremely proud that so many of our employees have chosen to take part and really push themselves.
“Richard House is a cause close to the heart of the airport and we are determined to battle our blisters and burning muscles to reach our destination and raise as much money as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Their journey began at Richard House this morning. Their route will take them through Essex, due to arrive in Harwich at 8.00pm where the group will board an overnight ferry to Hook of Holland. On Saturday they will set off again at 8.00am and continue through Amsterdam to the Gassan Diamonds store in the city centre, where they are due to cross the finish line at 6.00pm.
To donate visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/LCYBikechallenge
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen