East Ham MP leads cyclists on charity ride to Amsterdam
- Credit: Archant
East Ham MP Stephen Timms set off on a 160-mile charity ride to Amsterdam joined by the London City Airport boss and 40 of his staff.
Each of them has already raised funds through friends and family, while generous donations have also been received from corporate partners, including Aelia Duty Free and British Airways.
The money raised will go to Richard House Children’s Hospice in Beckton, which provides care for children and young people suffering from life-limiting illnesses.
Declan Collier, Chief Executive of London City Airport said: “This challenge is going to be physically very tough and I’m extremely proud that so many of our employees have chosen to take part and really push themselves.
“Richard House is a cause close to the heart of the airport and we are determined to battle our blisters and burning muscles to reach our destination and raise as much money as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Their journey began at Richard House this morning. Their route will take them through Essex, due to arrive in Harwich at 8.00pm where the group will board an overnight ferry to Hook of Holland. On Saturday they will set off again at 8.00am and continue through Amsterdam to the Gassan Diamonds store in the city centre, where they are due to cross the finish line at 6.00pm.
To donate visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/LCYBikechallenge
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding