East Ham MP honours Indian spritual leader
East Ham MP Stephen Timms hosted an event to honour one of India’s most well known spiritual leaders.
His Holiness Brahmrishi Shree Kumar Swamiji met politicians, campaigners and his peers at a private reception held at the House of Commons.
The event was attended by more 100 invited dignitaries and included special guests who all paid tribute to His Holiness. He has dedicated his life to freeing the world of suffering and misery and his vision for society is continually being delivered by his Trust – Bhagwan Shree Lakshmi Narayan Dham’, one of the world’s largest spiritual organisations. His efforts in improving human welfare for people of all faiths and religions have inspired millions.
During the reception, His Holiness was presented with citations and awards from various organisations for the humanitarian work that he is doing.
He also received citations from a number of MPs including Stephen Timms, Virendra Sharma and Stephen Pound as well as a host of Community organisations and faith groups.
You may also want to watch:
His Holiness said: “This honour is not just for a single person, but for the whole world and the ancient tradition of the East. More than that, this is the honour for all the faithful believers of all the World religions such as Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Christianity, Buddhism, Jainism, Zorastrian. This historical honour is not for a single person but for all the Nations and their various cultures. This honour in fact is the honour of entire humanity. This felicitation has once more brought the greatness and humility of Great Britain before the whole World.”
Stephen Timms said: “Faith organisations across the country are making a positive contribution in communities across the UK, and I welcome the opportunity this event presents to bring them together. I am glad to have been able to help to sponsor it.”
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover