East Ham mother-of-two was strangled
A mother of two who was found dead at her East Ham home was strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after the woman was found dead at the house in Kempton Road.
Officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted at the address in Kempton Road.
They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
A 45-year-old man was been arrested and is in custody at an east London police station.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.