East Ham mother-of-two was strangled
A mother of two who was found dead at her East Ham home was strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after the woman was found dead at the house in Kempton Road.
Officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted at the address in Kempton Road.
They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
A 45-year-old man was been arrested and is in custody at an east London police station.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.