East Ham mother-of-two was strangled
A mother of two who was found dead at her East Ham home was strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after the woman was found dead at the house in Kempton Road.
Officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted at the address in Kempton Road.
They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 2 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 3 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Newham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 6 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 10 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
A 45-year-old man was been arrested and is in custody at an east London police station.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.