East Ham mother-of-two was strangled
A mother of two who was found dead at her East Ham home was strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after the woman was found dead at the house in Kempton Road.
Officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted at the address in Kempton Road.
They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 6 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 7 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
A 45-year-old man was been arrested and is in custody at an east London police station.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.