East Ham Market to host late night Eid celebration
- Credit: Archant
East Ham Market will be opening late tomorrow as traders celebrate Eid with their first Chaand Raat.
Families are invited to the free event which will kick off at 3pm and carry on until 10pm at the market in Myrtle Road, East Ham. It will be the first time the market has staged such an event.
More than 80 shops at the market will stay open until 10pm selling everything you will need to make your celebrations go with a swing. They will offering hairdressing, beauty products, henna and food. There will also be a DJ and free face painting for children.
Seg 87 Umbrellas, who performed during the Paralympics opening ceremony at last year’s Olympic and Paralympic Games, will be entertaining the crowds at 7.30pm.
The day’s festivities will include a comedy show at 3.15pm, followed by stilt walking at 3.30pm and a magic show at 4.15.
You may also want to watch:
Children and grown ups can also try their hand at balloon modelling at 4.45pm and take it easy by watching a clown show at 5.00pm. There will be another comedy show at 6pm and a juggling school at 6.15pm.
Eid marks the end of Ramadan and will be celebrated by Muslims on Thursday
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford