East Ham Market to host late night Eid celebration
- Credit: Archant
East Ham Market will be opening late tomorrow as traders celebrate Eid with their first Chaand Raat.
Families are invited to the free event which will kick off at 3pm and carry on until 10pm at the market in Myrtle Road, East Ham. It will be the first time the market has staged such an event.
More than 80 shops at the market will stay open until 10pm selling everything you will need to make your celebrations go with a swing. They will offering hairdressing, beauty products, henna and food. There will also be a DJ and free face painting for children.
Seg 87 Umbrellas, who performed during the Paralympics opening ceremony at last year’s Olympic and Paralympic Games, will be entertaining the crowds at 7.30pm.
The day’s festivities will include a comedy show at 3.15pm, followed by stilt walking at 3.30pm and a magic show at 4.15.
You may also want to watch:
Children and grown ups can also try their hand at balloon modelling at 4.45pm and take it easy by watching a clown show at 5.00pm. There will be another comedy show at 6pm and a juggling school at 6.15pm.
Eid marks the end of Ramadan and will be celebrated by Muslims on Thursday
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding