East Ham library to reopen after revamp
- Credit: Archant
Community spaces, a study area and a cafe are among the improvements made to East Ham library.
The Barking Road venue – which is being renamed East Ham community neighbourhood centre – will also have its opening hours extended when it reopens on Monday, July 17.
Other improvements include new computers, a children’s play and activity area and access to more than six million books.
There will be a special open day on Saturday, July 22 to highlight the new facilities, which will be attended by the mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales.
He said: “We are committed to building a strong cohesive community, and our community neighbourhood centres play a key role in achieving this vision.
You may also want to watch:
“Transforming the library in East Ham gives groups a platform to help local residents meet new people, take up a new hobby and find out more about their local area.”
The library will be open between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 8pm Saturdays.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency