East Ham Leisure Centre to close for major improvements
- Credit: Archant
East Ham Leisure Centre is to close over the Christmas and New Year break for major refurbishment.
The leisure centre, which is located on the corner of Barking Road and High Street South, will be closed from December 23 until January 5.
It is run by Active Newham is which working in partnership with Newham Council to carry out the improvements which will include state-of-the art fitness equipment, new activity areas and improved changing facilities.
The IT system at the centre is also being upgraded to make it easier for customers to book classes and activities online.
A new group cycle area will be created, kitted out with top-of the-range group exercise bikes and gym users will be able to experience the most advanced cardio-vascular equipment, such as treadmills and cross trainers that are all fully integrated for iPod/ iPad and Android.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Mitchell, Managing Director of activeNewham, said: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with Newham Council to deliver these exciting improvements to East Ham Leisure Centre, because this supports Active Newham’s commitment to helping the people of Newham to become more active.”
Councillor Ian Corbett, executive member for infrastructure and environment said: “It is great to see that Active Newham and Newham Council are investing heavily in our leisure centres to make them state-of-the-art facilities for the 21st century. We hope our residents will take advantage of the new and improved centre and the offers available to them.”
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Meet the Canning Town singer-songwriter praising music's ability to lift Covid-19 blues
While the centre is closed, customers can use other Active Newham leisure services at Balaam Leisure Centre and Newham Leisure Centre.
An information desk at East Ham Leisure Centre will provide detailed information about the new equipment that will be available.
Visitors can also sign up to join a prize draw in the New Year with the chance to win three-months free membership at East Ham Leisure Centre.
For full details of Leisure Centre opening times over Christmas visit www.activeNewham.org.uk or call 0844 414 2728.