East Ham firemen’s appeal for Open Day
Fire fighters are asking for businesses to donate prizes for a raffle to be held on an open day.
East Ham fire station in High Street South will be holding an Open Day on August 18, giving people the chance to meet the firemen and help the station raise money for two charities.
All proceeds raised will be shared between The Fire Fighters Charity and Macmillan Cancer.
Although several businesses, including B&Q and Smyths Toys, have already donated prizes for a raffle, the officers are hoping others will come forward with other goodies to help make the event a success. The station will be open from 11am until 4pm.
Children will get the chance to try on a junior fire fighters uniform, explore a fire engine and watch displays and drills.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Parsons, crew manager at the station, said although the day was designed to be fun, there would also be a serious message as firemen would be providing advice on fire safety and smoke alarms.
Anyone who can help should contact either Phil Parsons or Paul Baker at East Ham Station directly.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim