East Ham film fanatic accepted onto course to further her skills
- Credit: Archant
A film fanatic from East Ham has been accepted onto a prestigious programme to help develop her passion for the big screen.
Bhavika Jagwani, 13, will benefit from expert training and hands-on experience in film review writing, interviewing and presenting to camera after gaining a place on education charity Into Film’s Talent Development Programme.
The teenager, who attends Brampton Academy, recently took part in a training day to kick off the programme.
She hopes that the year-long course will help springboard her into gaining a job in the film sector.
“I thought it was a great opportunity as I really want to get into this industry,” Bhavika said.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Fletcher, Into Film’s Director of Education, said the scheme helps teenagers find a foothold in what is often a difficult area to break into.
“This scheme is a real chance for some of them to learn key life skills and will give a wider range of young people the opportunity to start a career in the film industry,” she added.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work