East Ham couple to cycle Ibiza coast for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
An adventurous couple are teaming up to cycle the coast of Ibiza to raise money for poorly children.
Dale Hayes and Claire Bowler, who have been together for four years, are getting on their bikes in aid of Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in May.
They will attempt to cycle 160km over two days as part of the Ibiza Cycle Challenge.
But Dale and Claire, from East Ham, looked to the local community to boost their donations before they went.
On Hammers match day last Saturday, the generous bar staff at The Boleyn Tavern on Green Street decorated the pub with balloons and wore supportive t-shirts in aid of the children’s charity while Dale and Claire held a collection.
You may also want to watch:
The pair managed to raise £510 on the day and win the support of East Pie ‘n’ Mash in Greengate Street who are now also collecting for the cycling duo.
Click on the links on the right to donate via Dale and Claire’s JustGiving sites.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration