East Ham couple to cycle Ibiza coast for Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Credit: Archant
An adventurous couple are teaming up to cycle the coast of Ibiza to raise money for poorly children.
Dale Hayes and Claire Bowler, who have been together for four years, are getting on their bikes in aid of Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in May.
They will attempt to cycle 160km over two days as part of the Ibiza Cycle Challenge.
But Dale and Claire, from East Ham, looked to the local community to boost their donations before they went.
On Hammers match day last Saturday, the generous bar staff at The Boleyn Tavern on Green Street decorated the pub with balloons and wore supportive t-shirts in aid of the children’s charity while Dale and Claire held a collection.
You may also want to watch:
The pair managed to raise £510 on the day and win the support of East Pie ‘n’ Mash in Greengate Street who are now also collecting for the cycling duo.
Click on the links on the right to donate via Dale and Claire’s JustGiving sites.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley