East Ham couple tie the knot of Valentine’s Day
An East Ham couple made it a Valentine’s Day to remember.
Anselm and Anna Ezimoha were the first of eight couples to wed at the Newham Register Office.
The pair, who met through friends more than a year ago, later celebrated with family at a reception in the evening.
Anselm, 26, who works in security, said choosing to marry on Valentine’s Day made the occasion even more special.
He said: “It is a romantic day, a special day. My wife is very special to me.”
You may also want to watch:
Anna, 23, a care worker, said she had a lot in common with her new husband.
She said: “Im a very open person and he is always telling me to calm down.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
“We will go on our honeymoon later this year, in the summer.
“We want to visit Poland where I come from and Nigeria which is his homeland.”
She added: “We want to start a family very soon.”