East Ham couple tie the knot of Valentine’s Day
An East Ham couple made it a Valentine’s Day to remember.
Anselm and Anna Ezimoha were the first of eight couples to wed at the Newham Register Office.
The pair, who met through friends more than a year ago, later celebrated with family at a reception in the evening.
Anselm, 26, who works in security, said choosing to marry on Valentine’s Day made the occasion even more special.
He said: “It is a romantic day, a special day. My wife is very special to me.”
You may also want to watch:
Anna, 23, a care worker, said she had a lot in common with her new husband.
She said: “Im a very open person and he is always telling me to calm down.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 6 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 7 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 8 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man fatally stabbed
- 10 Protesters target DSEI arms fair at ExCeL London in Royal Docks
“We will go on our honeymoon later this year, in the summer.
“We want to visit Poland where I come from and Nigeria which is his homeland.”
She added: “We want to start a family very soon.”