East Ham community group celebrates six months of cleaning streets
- Credit: Archant
Eco-friendly residents celebrated the six month anniversary of their community clean-up project on Wednesday.
East Ham resident and business man Path Prabha, 57, has endless enthusiasm for keeping his neighbourhood clean and tidy.
With the support of charity CleanupUK who provides him with litter-picking equipment, he cleans the streets for an hour or two every Wednesday at 10am on Colvin Road.
Prabha said: “East Ham is our world, it is part of this earth. In looking after East Ham, we fulfil our wider responsibility of taking care of our earth.”
On the last Wednesday of every month, volunteers have joined him to make East Ham cleaner.
You may also want to watch:
The next monthly clean ups will be on April 24 and May 29.
If you would like to set up a litter pick in your area, email Emma Harrington from CleanupUK at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07950 345 639 or for more information about the group in East Ham, email Prabha at email@example.com.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services