East Ham coffee morning for residents who want clean neighbourhood
- Credit: Archant
Residents interested in improving their environment are being urged to join like minded people for a hot drink.
The coffee morning, which will take place at 11am on January 24 at the Kitchen Table cafe at St Bartholomews in Barking Road, East Ham has been organised by CleanupUK.
Among them will be Path Prabha who began collecting litter and cleaning up the streets around his Colvin Road home some 15 weeks ago. He used to fill up 15 bags a week when the autumn leaves were falling.
Now it is four bags a week.
Mr Prabha, 57, spends two hours every Wednesday although another group has been meeting on the last Friday of each month to pick up litter.
You may also want to watch:
He says he owes part of his success to meeting CleanupUK through Archant’s streetlife social network. Mr Prabha said: “This is my area and I use it every day in my life. I was thinking, “If it was my house, I would fix it up and clean it up.””
He is keen for other people to join in with cleaning up their neighbourhoods.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
The next cleanups in East Ham will start at 10am on the following dates. The meeting point is on the corner of Lawrence Road and Colvin Road, East ham.
January 30, February 27, March 27 and April 24.
Gloves, bags, litter pickers and refreshments will be provided.
Another group, The Cyprus Litter Pickers have been clearing up outside Cyprus DLR station in Beckton since the autumn of 2011.
They are a group of residents who meet outside Cyprus DLR station on the second Wednesday of the month to pick up litter and tidy the area. Meeting at 10am. They will meet on February 13, March 13 and April 10.