East Ham award-winning theatre blogger wants to expand her website
- Credit: Archant
Founder and editor of Theatrefullstop, Lucy Basaba, wants her business to continue to grow.
The blogger features theatre reviews, interviews, competitions, listings and videos on her website, after the 26-year-old decided to follow her dreams of production and writing three years ago.
Lucy, from East Ham, said she has always enjoyed writing but had to change her style.
“It was four years ago when I graduated from university. I wanted to continue with the performance side and I knew that I quite enjoyed writing. I just didn’t know how to go about doing it.”
After, a year of gaining experience reviewing productions, Lucy decided to launch her own blog.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s now three years down the line and I now have 10 reviewers over London, one in Bath and one in York.”
Lucy and her team were most recently crowned winners of the Young Person’s Recognition Award for their hard work at last year’s UK Blog Awards.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
“It was amazing, you never know how well and influential your blog has been, until you get a boost like that. I would love to expand it regionally to Scotland, Ireland and even internationally.”