East Europe meets east London with film making initiative
A series of free workshops are to be held over the next few weeks for young people in Newham.
The Romanian Cultural Institute, in partnership with Four Corners, the centre for film and photography, have recruited east European filmmakers to the scheme.
Award-winning director Radu Munteam, writer Alexandru Baciu and actress Anamaria Marinca will be at the sessions in Bethnal Green on April 28, May 9, 10 and 26.
Participants between the ages of 16 and 25 will learn all about the filmmaking process as it develops from script to screen.
Dorian Branea, from the Romanian Cultural Insitute, said: “We are extremely honoured that four of the best Romanian filmmakers have agreed to work with young people from east London.”
You may also want to watch:
More information is available from www.fourcornersfilms.co.uk and www.icr-london.co.uk
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 8 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted