East Europe meets east London with film making initiative
A series of free workshops are to be held over the next few weeks for young people in Newham.
The Romanian Cultural Institute, in partnership with Four Corners, the centre for film and photography, have recruited east European filmmakers to the scheme.
Award-winning director Radu Munteam, writer Alexandru Baciu and actress Anamaria Marinca will be at the sessions in Bethnal Green on April 28, May 9, 10 and 26.
Participants between the ages of 16 and 25 will learn all about the filmmaking process as it develops from script to screen.
Dorian Branea, from the Romanian Cultural Insitute, said: “We are extremely honoured that four of the best Romanian filmmakers have agreed to work with young people from east London.”
You may also want to watch:
More information is available from www.fourcornersfilms.co.uk and www.icr-london.co.uk
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show