East Europe meets east London with film making initiative
A series of free workshops are to be held over the next few weeks for young people in Newham.
The Romanian Cultural Institute, in partnership with Four Corners, the centre for film and photography, have recruited east European filmmakers to the scheme.
Award-winning director Radu Munteam, writer Alexandru Baciu and actress Anamaria Marinca will be at the sessions in Bethnal Green on April 28, May 9, 10 and 26.
Participants between the ages of 16 and 25 will learn all about the filmmaking process as it develops from script to screen.
Dorian Branea, from the Romanian Cultural Insitute, said: “We are extremely honoured that four of the best Romanian filmmakers have agreed to work with young people from east London.”
You may also want to watch:
More information is available from www.fourcornersfilms.co.uk and www.icr-london.co.uk
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley