Work begins on 78-home Forest Gate development
- Credit: Hill
A groundbreaking ceremony has marked the beginning of work on a 78-home Forest Gate development.
The Earlham Grove scheme, located on a former brownfield site, will feature nine homes for social rent with the rest available through shared ownership.
Twenty of these will be one-bedroom, with 27 two-bedroom and 31 three-bedroom homes across the 0.5 hectare development.
There will also be car parking facilities, landscaped communal gardens and cycle bays.
Due to be completed by May 2021, the project is a partnership between housebuilders Hill and Gateway Housing Association.
You may also want to watch:
Becky Utuka, director of development and sales at Gateway Housing Association, said "This is a project has been in the works for several years so this milestone is particularly exciting for everyone involved.
"This development will be integral to the growth of the local community where people will be proud to live."
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 9 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing