E6 man dies after collapsing at wheel of minibus
A 44-year-old minibus driver from the E6 area died yesterday evening after colliding with a traffic light.
Police were called to the scene at the Leamouth Road roundabout, Poplar, at around 8.40pm to reports of a road accident involving the white Ford Transit with its driver collapsed at the steering wheel.
The man was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled and the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath is carrying out enquiries into the circumstances of the collision.
Scotland Yard believe the minibus had also been in collision with a black Ford Galaxy prior to the traffic light incident as it travelled along Aspen Way but the driver of that vehicle is uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case