E6 man dies after collapsing at wheel of minibus
A 44-year-old minibus driver from the E6 area died yesterday evening after colliding with a traffic light.
Police were called to the scene at the Leamouth Road roundabout, Poplar, at around 8.40pm to reports of a road accident involving the white Ford Transit with its driver collapsed at the steering wheel.
The man was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled and the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath is carrying out enquiries into the circumstances of the collision.
Scotland Yard believe the minibus had also been in collision with a black Ford Galaxy prior to the traffic light incident as it travelled along Aspen Way but the driver of that vehicle is uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen