Dutch circus arrives on Wanstead Flats
Aerial daredevils and side splitting clowns have set up camp on Wanstead Flats as a European circus stops by for the London leg of its UK tour.
The Netherlands National Circus pitched their Big Top on Tuesday and will perform acrobatic displays until Bank Holiday Monday at Wanstead Flats, off of Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park.
Crowds will be entertained by the follow up to the 2011 record breaking tour, with performances from Angelo the clown and triple level trapeze artists The Flying Aces.
Trained on Australia’s Gold Coast, the group are the first trapeze artists from down under to ever perform in Europe and display incredible trust as they fly 13 metres through the air to the waiting hands of their fellow aces.
Three generations of unicyclists will also be on display as The Jackson Family showcase their unique homegrown talent.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be purchased online at www.netherlandscircus.eu or by calling the box office on 0844 4155 228.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 6 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 7 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 8 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town