Dutch circus arrives on Wanstead Flats
Aerial daredevils and side splitting clowns have set up camp on Wanstead Flats as a European circus stops by for the London leg of its UK tour.
The Netherlands National Circus pitched their Big Top on Tuesday and will perform acrobatic displays until Bank Holiday Monday at Wanstead Flats, off of Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park.
Crowds will be entertained by the follow up to the 2011 record breaking tour, with performances from Angelo the clown and triple level trapeze artists The Flying Aces.
Trained on Australia’s Gold Coast, the group are the first trapeze artists from down under to ever perform in Europe and display incredible trust as they fly 13 metres through the air to the waiting hands of their fellow aces.
Three generations of unicyclists will also be on display as The Jackson Family showcase their unique homegrown talent.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be purchased online at www.netherlandscircus.eu or by calling the box office on 0844 4155 228.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase