Dutch circus arrives on Wanstead Flats
Aerial daredevils and side splitting clowns have set up camp on Wanstead Flats as a European circus stops by for the London leg of its UK tour.
The Netherlands National Circus pitched their Big Top on Tuesday and will perform acrobatic displays until Bank Holiday Monday at Wanstead Flats, off of Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park.
Crowds will be entertained by the follow up to the 2011 record breaking tour, with performances from Angelo the clown and triple level trapeze artists The Flying Aces.
Trained on Australia’s Gold Coast, the group are the first trapeze artists from down under to ever perform in Europe and display incredible trust as they fly 13 metres through the air to the waiting hands of their fellow aces.
Three generations of unicyclists will also be on display as The Jackson Family showcase their unique homegrown talent.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.netherlandscircus.eu or by calling the box office on 0844 4155 228.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network