Driver in East Ham road incident released
Driver released pending further inquiries
A 20-year-old driver arrested in a major traffic incident in East Ham which left a man in a critical condition has been released on bail by police pending further inquiries.
A 26-year-old pedestrian received multiple serious injuries when he was in collision with a car on High Street North in the early hours of Monday morning.
He is said to be in a stable but critical condition in an east London hospital.
The busy main road was closed off for most of the day for police to recover the vehicle believed to be involved in the incident and to carry out their investigations.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation