Driver in East Ham road incident released
Driver released pending further inquiries
A 20-year-old driver arrested in a major traffic incident in East Ham which left a man in a critical condition has been released on bail by police pending further inquiries.
A 26-year-old pedestrian received multiple serious injuries when he was in collision with a car on High Street North in the early hours of Monday morning.
He is said to be in a stable but critical condition in an east London hospital.
The busy main road was closed off for most of the day for police to recover the vehicle believed to be involved in the incident and to carry out their investigations.
Police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network