Driver in East Ham road incident released
Driver released pending further inquiries
A 20-year-old driver arrested in a major traffic incident in East Ham which left a man in a critical condition has been released on bail by police pending further inquiries.
A 26-year-old pedestrian received multiple serious injuries when he was in collision with a car on High Street North in the early hours of Monday morning.
He is said to be in a stable but critical condition in an east London hospital.
The busy main road was closed off for most of the day for police to recover the vehicle believed to be involved in the incident and to carry out their investigations.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to High Street North, near the junction with Milton Avenue, at around 1.40am.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford