Driven up the wall by first Mini store in Westfield Stratford City
Shopping might drive some people up the wall but bosses at classic British car brand MINI are hoping to drive home record sales as they launched their first high street store this month.
The pop up store at Westfield Stratford City, which will only open for 12 months, is the first store of its kind in the UK, attracting around 4,000 visitors in its first few days of business.
The Mini store aims to bring the traditional British car brand out of the traditional dealership and on to the high street, offering the two newest models, the Mini Coupe and Mini Countryman, as well as the “Beat the Street” clothing line, John Cooper apparel, Mini luggage and an electric Mini convertible for children.
Novelty features include a 3D car configurator so visitors can create their own Mini and an interactive mirror allowing shoppers to try on outfits without removing their clothes.
Jochen Goller, Director Mini UK said: “The Mini Store in Westfield Stratford City is an exciting new approach for our brand, for the first time we are giving shoppers the opportunity to browse the latest Mini models in a retail setting which is completely removed from the established car showroom environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Myf Ryan, general manager marketing Westfield UK said: “We are delighted to welcome Mini to Westfield Stratford City. As a cutting edge, contemporary brand, Mini is ideally suited to Westfield Stratford City’s young and trend conscious consumer.
“This unique venture highlights the versatility of the centre to adapt to the needs of our retailers - now, through the Games and beyond.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show