Driven up the wall by first Mini store in Westfield Stratford City
Shopping might drive some people up the wall but bosses at classic British car brand MINI are hoping to drive home record sales as they launched their first high street store this month.
The pop up store at Westfield Stratford City, which will only open for 12 months, is the first store of its kind in the UK, attracting around 4,000 visitors in its first few days of business.
The Mini store aims to bring the traditional British car brand out of the traditional dealership and on to the high street, offering the two newest models, the Mini Coupe and Mini Countryman, as well as the “Beat the Street” clothing line, John Cooper apparel, Mini luggage and an electric Mini convertible for children.
Novelty features include a 3D car configurator so visitors can create their own Mini and an interactive mirror allowing shoppers to try on outfits without removing their clothes.
Jochen Goller, Director Mini UK said: “The Mini Store in Westfield Stratford City is an exciting new approach for our brand, for the first time we are giving shoppers the opportunity to browse the latest Mini models in a retail setting which is completely removed from the established car showroom environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Myf Ryan, general manager marketing Westfield UK said: “We are delighted to welcome Mini to Westfield Stratford City. As a cutting edge, contemporary brand, Mini is ideally suited to Westfield Stratford City’s young and trend conscious consumer.
“This unique venture highlights the versatility of the centre to adapt to the needs of our retailers - now, through the Games and beyond.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley