Drive-through disaster at Canning Town McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
A famished driver got more than they bargained for when they decided to stop at a McDonald’s drive-though.
The desperation for a burger appears to have made them momentarily forget the size of their rented vehicle as they crashed head-on through the overhead barrier at the Beckton Road branch in Canning Town - dragging the fast food chain’s sign along with it.
Newham Police acting sargeant Owen Pyle posted this picture of the bumbling error on his Twitter account, along with the comment: “Driver didn’t realise his van was 40cm too tall for the McDonald’s drivethru [sic].
“He now has the sign attached to his van!”
A McDonald’s spokeswoman said no-one was injured during the incident, which took place at about 2.15pm on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
The resturant was able to remain open while staff dealt with the damage caused.
A Europcar spokeswoman declined to comment.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 4 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines