Drive-through disaster at Canning Town McDonald’s
- Credit: Archant
A famished driver got more than they bargained for when they decided to stop at a McDonald’s drive-though.
The desperation for a burger appears to have made them momentarily forget the size of their rented vehicle as they crashed head-on through the overhead barrier at the Beckton Road branch in Canning Town - dragging the fast food chain’s sign along with it.
Newham Police acting sargeant Owen Pyle posted this picture of the bumbling error on his Twitter account, along with the comment: “Driver didn’t realise his van was 40cm too tall for the McDonald’s drivethru [sic].
“He now has the sign attached to his van!”
A McDonald’s spokeswoman said no-one was injured during the incident, which took place at about 2.15pm on Wednesday last week.
You may also want to watch:
The resturant was able to remain open while staff dealt with the damage caused.
A Europcar spokeswoman declined to comment.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford