Dragon’s Den relives Forest Gate business success
- Credit: Archant
Popular television show Dragons’ Den relived the most extraordinary moments from the past 13 series with a Pitches to Riches programme on Sunday night.
The BBC two programme, hosted by Richard Osman, featured the success stories from over the years including one Forest Gate business’s journey.
Dance company Swing Patrol’s big moments were shown, including the launch of their own book, breaking a world record and their sessions growing across the whole of London since their appearance on TV a year ago.
Scott Cupit, Swing Patrol director, said: “We can’t believe what’s happened in the last few years and will never take this momentum for granted.
“When we started in London we spent most of our time handing out flyers at Tube stations and our sole aim was to pay our rent each month.”
You may also want to watch:
That all changed when panel member Deborah Meaden invested £65,000 into the business for a 20 per cent share of Swing Patrol.
Scott said: “Dragons’ Den is a great life experience and opens doors – Deborah has been an amazing mentor and I have been on a whole new learning curve since. I would say go for it.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 5 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 6 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Watch the show on BBC iPlayer