Donate food to Newham foodbank at Waitrose in Stratford
Residents are being encouraged to donate non-perishable food to a collection for the Newham foodbank.
Volunteers will collecting items from Waitrose shoppers in Westfield from 9.30am to 4pm on Saturday.
Adeola Osunbade, from Newham foodbank, said: “The current economic climate means more and more people are struggling to put food on the table, so we really need local citizens to give what they can to help.
“It’s not just people on low incomes who are feeling the pinch at the moment, increased redundancy and fewer jobs are having a real impact and we’re seeing more people turning to the four foodbank distribution centres in Newham for support.”
The Newham foodbank aims to help people through short-term crisis by providing emergency food parcels, as well as providing support and signposting to help combat long-term problems.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 5 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 10 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay