Donate food to Newham foodbank at Waitrose in Stratford
Residents are being encouraged to donate non-perishable food to a collection for the Newham foodbank.
Volunteers will collecting items from Waitrose shoppers in Westfield from 9.30am to 4pm on Saturday.
Adeola Osunbade, from Newham foodbank, said: “The current economic climate means more and more people are struggling to put food on the table, so we really need local citizens to give what they can to help.
“It’s not just people on low incomes who are feeling the pinch at the moment, increased redundancy and fewer jobs are having a real impact and we’re seeing more people turning to the four foodbank distribution centres in Newham for support.”
The Newham foodbank aims to help people through short-term crisis by providing emergency food parcels, as well as providing support and signposting to help combat long-term problems.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, email email@example.com
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case