Donate food to Newham foodbank at Waitrose in Stratford
Residents are being encouraged to donate non-perishable food to a collection for the Newham foodbank.
Volunteers will collecting items from Waitrose shoppers in Westfield from 9.30am to 4pm on Saturday.
Adeola Osunbade, from Newham foodbank, said: “The current economic climate means more and more people are struggling to put food on the table, so we really need local citizens to give what they can to help.
“It’s not just people on low incomes who are feeling the pinch at the moment, increased redundancy and fewer jobs are having a real impact and we’re seeing more people turning to the four foodbank distribution centres in Newham for support.”
The Newham foodbank aims to help people through short-term crisis by providing emergency food parcels, as well as providing support and signposting to help combat long-term problems.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, email email@example.com
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen