Donate food for needy families at East Ham bank
- Credit: Archant
Make a trip to the bank count by donating to the Newham Foodbank to help those struggling to feed their families.
Halifax on High Street North in East Ham has teamed up with the charity to be a drop off point for those wishing to donate non-perishable food to people in need.
The charity, run by The Trussell Trust, provides support and advice to help people in food poverty, a long-term problem that is affecting increasing numbers of Londoners.
Chris Mould, executive chairman of the Trust, said: “Every day we meet parents who are skipping meals to feed their children, or people who are forced to choose between eating and heating.
“We’d like to encourage everyone to give for people in crisis.”
You may also want to watch:
Good items to place in the white and green collection baskets placed in the bank are tinned goods, dried pasta, pasta sauce, rice, tea, and instant coffee.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim