Search

Fire in Forest Gate 'caused by a faulty boiler'

PUBLISHED: 12:48 25 October 2019

A faulty boiler is believed to have caused a fire in Forest Gate last night (October 24). Picture: LFB

A faulty boiler is believed to have caused a fire in Forest Gate last night (October 24). Picture: LFB

Archant

About 60 neighbours were forced to leave their homes after a blaze broke out at a block of flats.

Five fire engines and around 35 firefighters were called to a fire at Donald Hunter House in Post Office Approach, Forest Gate, at 9.20pm on October 24.

You may also want to watch:

A spokeswoman for the London Fire Brigade said: "Part of a four roomed flat on the eighth floor of the nine storey building was damaged by fire.

"Around 60 people left the building before the brigade arrived. There were no reports of any injuries."

Fire crews from Ilford, Bethnal Green, Homerton and Dagenham fire stations were at the scene. Firefighters put out the flames by 10.08pm.

The spokeswoman said: "The fire is believed to be caused by a faulty boiler."

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Newham Recorder

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists