Dogs including celebrity pooches, turn out for charitable Santa’s Grotto
Around a hundred dogs, including celebrity pooches, and their owners visisted a unique Santa’s Grotto in aid of charity.
Grotto in aid of charity.
The Bowowow event took over Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club in Pollard Row on Saturday in support of a variety of organisations such as Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
Mugly, who was officially named the world’s ugliest dog in a competition in the United States, offered a pawtograph in exchange for charity donations or a mince pie.
Mugly, the Chinese Crested rescue dog was raising money for Pets As Therapy, set up to provide therapeutic visits to hospitals, hospices, nursing and care homes, and special needs schools.
You may also want to watch:
Stars from the ITV show Top Dog Model included Simba, a 9st 6lbs leonburger who was selling calendars in aid of a charity to try and protect the breed.
Presents for four-legged friends inside the grotto included tailored dog coats and canine Christmas puddings. There was also a workshop for owners specialising in dog knitwear.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
A choir made of singers were dog masks also entertained the crowds.