Dogs including celebrity pooches, turn out for charitable Santa’s Grotto
Around a hundred dogs, including celebrity pooches, and their owners visisted a unique Santa’s Grotto in aid of charity.
Grotto in aid of charity.
The Bowowow event took over Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club in Pollard Row on Saturday in support of a variety of organisations such as Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
Mugly, who was officially named the world’s ugliest dog in a competition in the United States, offered a pawtograph in exchange for charity donations or a mince pie.
Mugly, the Chinese Crested rescue dog was raising money for Pets As Therapy, set up to provide therapeutic visits to hospitals, hospices, nursing and care homes, and special needs schools.
You may also want to watch:
Stars from the ITV show Top Dog Model included Simba, a 9st 6lbs leonburger who was selling calendars in aid of a charity to try and protect the breed.
Presents for four-legged friends inside the grotto included tailored dog coats and canine Christmas puddings. There was also a workshop for owners specialising in dog knitwear.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
A choir made of singers were dog masks also entertained the crowds.