Dog club works with park to promote responsible walkies
Dog walkers are to receive help and advice to limit problems when using West Ham Park, London’s top park.
An agreement has been reached between park owners the Corporation of London and the Kennel Club, the UK’s largest organisation dedicated to the health and welfare of dogs.
Its aim is to encourage responsible dog ownership on West Ham Park,
The two organisations will work together to improve people’s health and wellbeing through dog ownership, while respecting the special qualities of the park and the needs of other visitors.
As part of this agreement, the corporation will ensure that responsible dog walkers feel welcome on all its open spaces – and will use its powers in relation to dog control to reflect local requirements.
For its part, the Kennel Club will use its networks and influence to promote the opportunities that West Ham Park offers for responsible dog walkers who keep their pets under effective control.
Bob Hall, chairman of the corporation’s open spaces committee, said the accord set out what each side would do to encourage responsible dog use in open spaces.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 7 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
West Ham Park is the best in London, according to the judges of London in Bloom, who awarded it the prestigious title Park of the Year.
The judges went on a tour of the park in Upton Lane, visiting its ornamental gardens and new meadow and wildlife education garden.