Docklands airport has vacancies for 20 part-time staff
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport has 20 vacancies for part-time staff to handle luggage, direct and load aircraft.
The airport, which is one of Newham’s largest employers, wants residents from the borough and beyond to apply.
The vacancies come from new positions created to suit shift patterns and existing vacancies that have come through natural wastage.
The airport is advertising for 20 part-time ramp services agents with duties including directing aircraft, baggage handling, aircraft loading and carrying out start-up procedures.
The recruitment drive reflects record growth at the airport in recent months, with May 2013 seeing the busiest day, week and month in its 26 year history.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Spiers, HR Director at London City Airport, said: “We are delighted to continue to create jobs in Newham. 27 per cent of our current workforce are from Newham and 61 per cent live within five miles of the airport. I hope local people will be encouraged to apply for these positions, which offer a varied role in an interesting environment.”
Stephen Timms, MP for East Ham and Shadow Minister for Employment, said: “I welcome the creation of these vacancies at London City Airport as it continues to develop. The airport is key to our local economy and providing a growing number of attractive career opportunities. I hope local residents will take full advantage of them.”
- 1 Up to 100 drivers thwarted in crackdown on car meets in Newham
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 Women rescued as flat destroyed in Custom House blaze
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 5 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 6 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 7 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
The closing date for applications is 5pm on July 1, with interviews scheduled shortly afterwards. Applicants must have previous experience of manual work, a full UK/EU driving licence, have full colour vision and no hearing impediments, and be willing to work shifts.
To apply contact Amy Holland on 0207 517 3594 between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.