Docklands airport has vacancies for 20 part-time staff
- Credit: Archant
London City Airport has 20 vacancies for part-time staff to handle luggage, direct and load aircraft.
The airport, which is one of Newham’s largest employers, wants residents from the borough and beyond to apply.
The vacancies come from new positions created to suit shift patterns and existing vacancies that have come through natural wastage.
The airport is advertising for 20 part-time ramp services agents with duties including directing aircraft, baggage handling, aircraft loading and carrying out start-up procedures.
The recruitment drive reflects record growth at the airport in recent months, with May 2013 seeing the busiest day, week and month in its 26 year history.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Spiers, HR Director at London City Airport, said: “We are delighted to continue to create jobs in Newham. 27 per cent of our current workforce are from Newham and 61 per cent live within five miles of the airport. I hope local people will be encouraged to apply for these positions, which offer a varied role in an interesting environment.”
Stephen Timms, MP for East Ham and Shadow Minister for Employment, said: “I welcome the creation of these vacancies at London City Airport as it continues to develop. The airport is key to our local economy and providing a growing number of attractive career opportunities. I hope local residents will take full advantage of them.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
The closing date for applications is 5pm on July 1, with interviews scheduled shortly afterwards. Applicants must have previous experience of manual work, a full UK/EU driving licence, have full colour vision and no hearing impediments, and be willing to work shifts.
To apply contact Amy Holland on 0207 517 3594 between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.