Do Something at Cody Dock event
- Credit: Archant
Live music, vintage homeware and hula hooping workshops will be among the attractions on offer at a community event on Saturday.
The Do Something event, which will be held at Cody Dock from 12pm to 7pm, has been organised by community group UnityGroove.
Company director Belle Tidswell said: “We want the event to be inclusive and reach out to the community, particularly the individuals who might not usually engage with this sort of event.
“There are lots of people living in isolation who are not sure what they can get involved in and we want to show them what there is on offer and share that energy and enthusiasm with them.”
UnityGroove’s eventual aim is to create a community hub where individuals and groups can come together for education and arts.
Entry to Saturday’s event costs £3 on the door.
For more information, visit unitygroove.org
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 3 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 7 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point