DLR Olympic Games timetables to be tested this weekend
Commuters on the DLR face disruption this weekend while the line is tested ahead of the Olympic Games.
Different timetables will be trialled from today until next Tuesday to allow Transport for London (TfL) bosses to see how trains will cope with the extra passengers this summer.
The DLR will serve Games venues such as the Olympic Park and the ExCeL Centre.
London Underground services will be unaffected this weekend, although an additional peak service will be tested early next month.
Jonathan Fox, director of the DLR, added: “A comprehensive programme of testing and readiness is in full swing.
You may also want to watch:
“This five-day live timetable-testing will take place on the DLR to help trial a number of different timetables.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim