Diversity’s Warren heads to Stratford to judge dance competition
- Credit: Archant
A member of Britain’s Got Talent’s dance troupe Diversity will be heading to Stratford next month to mark the first ever London-wide dance competition for secondary schools.
The Balfour Beatty London Youth Games, part of the nationwide School Games, will host the inaugural dance competition at the Copper Box Arena, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on 13 March.
Dancer Warren Russell who has previously represented Barking & Dagenham in the London Youth Games Gymnastics competition will form part of the judging panel.
He said: “I am very #Proud2Be judging at the first ever Balfour Beatty London Youth Games dance competition. Diversity are always happy to promote positivity for young people.”
Teams of between 4 and 30 young people representing London’s 33 boroughs will take part in the key stage 3 and key stage 4 competitions where they will be assessed on criteria including choreography, concept and performance skill.
The event is being delivered with Exercise Move Dance, the campaign run by one of Sport England’s National Governing Bodies, the Exercise Movement & Dance Partnership.
Emma Forward, EMDP Development Director said: “We’re really excited to be involved in this brand new competition. We can’t wait to celebrate the fantastic work young dancers are doing in London and hope others feel inspired to get moving too. Here’s to the first of many”
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
For more information on the event visit londonyouthgames.org