Diversity dancers to perform at Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve ever wanted to take to the same dance floor as former Britain’s Got Talent winners Diversity, now is your chance.
Dancers Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely will be at Westfield Stratford City on Thursday, June 19 to judge the finals of a national school dance competition.
Once they have all performed their power routines in front of a crowd, three winning schools will receive an energy makeover worth up to £150,000.
They will then take to the specially-commissioned dance floor, which generates energy harvested from footsteps, to perform their own routine at 4pm.
The dance floor will then be open for public use until June 22, with budding dancers invited to try and create enough enery to power the giant camera.
You may also want to watch:
Perri and Jordan said “We’re really excited to judge the schools at the Generation Green Energy Performance and to have a go on the dance floor ourselves!
“Energy can seem like quite a hard subject, but using technology like this really brings it to life and makes it easier to understand.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault