District line up the swanny due to obstruction on track
- Credit: Archant
A swan on the tracks caused severe delays on the District line.
There were severe delays between Whitechapel and Upminster, with minor delays on the rest of the line, for over an hour due to a swan on the track.
A spokesman for Transport for London confirmed the bird had landed on the tracks but has since been removed.
The delay comes before London Underground staff are due to begin a 48 hour strike at 9.30pm, and after severe delays due to a signal failure at Barking this morning.
Some used the opportunity to make puns at the bird’s expense.
You may also want to watch:
Di Halliwell (@Mrsjanockie) tweeted: are you sure it wasn’t cygnet failure?
- 1 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order