District line up the swanny due to obstruction on track
- Credit: Archant
A swan on the tracks caused severe delays on the District line.
There were severe delays between Whitechapel and Upminster, with minor delays on the rest of the line, for over an hour due to a swan on the track.
A spokesman for Transport for London confirmed the bird had landed on the tracks but has since been removed.
The delay comes before London Underground staff are due to begin a 48 hour strike at 9.30pm, and after severe delays due to a signal failure at Barking this morning.
Some used the opportunity to make puns at the bird’s expense.
You may also want to watch:
Di Halliwell (@Mrsjanockie) tweeted: are you sure it wasn’t cygnet failure?
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season