Disruptions on DLR after woman dies under Stratford train
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers face disruptions this afternoon after a woman was found dead under a train.
Service on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) line is suspended between from Stratford International to West Ham after the incident at 3.48pm at Stratford station.
Paramedics were called to the scene but found the person dead on arrival.
Transport for London’s Director for the DLR, Rory O Neill, said normal services are running between Bank and Lewisham, Stratford to Canary Wharf, Bank to Woolwich Arsenal, Tower Gateway to Beckton and West Ham to Beckton.
A British Transport Police spokesperson said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the woman and inform her family.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Uche on 0208 477 3789 or email email@example.com
- 1 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 4 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home