Disruptions on DLR after woman dies under Stratford train
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers face disruptions this afternoon after a woman was found dead under a train.
Service on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) line is suspended between from Stratford International to West Ham after the incident at 3.48pm at Stratford station.
Paramedics were called to the scene but found the person dead on arrival.
Transport for London’s Director for the DLR, Rory O Neill, said normal services are running between Bank and Lewisham, Stratford to Canary Wharf, Bank to Woolwich Arsenal, Tower Gateway to Beckton and West Ham to Beckton.
A British Transport Police spokesperson said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.
You may also want to watch:
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the woman and inform her family.”
Did you see what happened? Contact Uche on 0208 477 3789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss